Sunday, September 5, 2010

1. Use an Underwater Camera

The first item on my little lovely list of things to do is use an underwater camera to take dreamy photos like the ones posted below. I have a few ways to accomplish this. Either A.) Buy a cheap underwater disposable camera--like something of the sort.  B.) Buy a bit more expensive digital underwater camera--something like this, this, or this. C.) Buy a waterproof protective case for my existing digital camera. Something like this might work. or D.) Make my own waterproof protective case following some directions found online. For starters, I think I will buy a simple and cheap disposable underwater camera to test the waters. No pun intended. Also because I've been really loving film lately over digital photography.  Something about the quality and intention of every photo really draws me in. A lot more thought is put into a single shot in film than comparison to digital photography. You can casually compose a shot by shooting a few hundred shots to get one or two good ones in digital photography. I see pros and cons with each type, and for that enjoy both their differences. I've been wanting to get into film photography for quite some time now, but just never found it too convenient. It wasn't until I broke my digital SLR camera and decided I didn't have the funds to replace it at the time that I decided to take the jump and finally try it again (I did attempt using film a few years back, but never got into the details). I shot my first roll a few weeks ago and I was pretty pleased with the results. I used an old panoramic lens in my mother's basement that I found, but I think I need to be on the lookout for a regular lens now as well. After some thought and all this rambling I'm doing, perhaps I will try option C. or D. and buy/make my own camera casing for my older film camera. That might be pretty. Until I decide, here are some photos for you to ooh and awe over. Oh underwater photography, do I have a crush on you. 


+ seen here.
+ seen here.


+ seen here
+ seen here.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog. It is s great way to sort of story board the things you want to do. Taking underwater pictures is really cool. I am an avid fly fisherman and own an underwater camera. I take a lot of pictures of trout in their natural habitats. Its no dreamy photos but its still pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete