Thursday, September 9, 2010

2. Finish my Sketchbook

Last January I started a process sketchbook for a design process class I was in where one of the requirements was to do an entry every day. At first I was a little skeptical of this idea because I've never been big on drawing. I soon realized that there's much more to sketchbook-ing (a word I use when I'm working on my sketchbook) than just drawing. In fact, I rarely ever draw in mine. I mainly do a lot of collages and hand typography. My sketchbook is getting a little out of hand at how thick it's becoming. One of my goals this summer was finish this said sketchbook. At first I wasn't doing too well. I got caught up in summer and let it fall under other papers and work on my desk. Then July came around and I got motivated again. I worked on it quite a bit for the last few weeks before school started up, but still didn't make it. I still have twenty-one more pages to complete. School has now begun and is slowly taking away all of my free time. I will finish it though. One day. Just not today, or this week.

I find it very fascinating to see different artists' sketchbooks for everyone has their own unique process and method. Some are very precise and organized while others are all over the place and sporadic. I would like to say mine includes a little of both. Below are the twenty-one pages that await me.


















No comments:

Post a Comment