Thursday, September 23, 2010

4. Go on a Cheese Tour in Europe

I love cheese. It's a simple truth. Cheese is the main ingredient in all of my meals. Sometimes I joke and say I'm eating cheese with a side of whatever else is on my plate. I'm not much of a grocery shopper. In fact, I rarely go and the only time I do is when I run out of cheese. Everything else I can live without for a bit. Unfortunately I hear cheese isn't so great for you.

I've never tasted a type of cheese that I don't enjoy. I'm for all colors, shapes and smells. My favorite affordable cheese is pepper jack. It's good with everything. Chips, chili, fruit, crackers, sausage, olives, peppers, and anything else I find in my fridge with a good expiration date. Cheese can get expensive and the good cheese is usually expensive. I made a pasta al forno last year (the one time I cooked all year) that had seven different cheeses in it. Divine. My grocery receipt? Not so divine. Regardless, it was great and I have dreamt about it multiple times since.

So, a cheese tasting tour. Sounds perfect, no? I'm on it.

+link

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I have only a few words for that: You go girl! I love it. I love the list of things you will do, and writing it down only makes it more likely you will do it! As for me...someday I will go to Italy to see Michelangelo's Pieta. And to Spain, to go to the Prado. And try every recipe ever involving potatoes...never had 'em cooked a way I didn't like, I love those little guys. Anyway...you got me thinking about my own list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cheryl. You've found a great idea to write about! I like the idea of a food tour, especially in Europe, though I think I'd go on a chocolate tour instead. I'd also like to swim with dolphins, hang glide in Brazil, and ride a kangaroo, though I'm not sure that's physically possible...

    ReplyDelete